Monday, November 4, 2013

{Recipe Recap} Peanut Butter Blondies

I’m going to keep this short and (literally) sweet.  The McHusband is off to Vegas today for the annual SEMA show, the one we went to last year.  He’s staying in the same condo building where we stayed last year, and he’s sharing the space with Shawn, Vanessa, and Eric.

So anyway, I figured I should send the McHusband across the country with some treats to share with our friends.  I’d gotten some Reese’s Pieces on sale after Halloween so I looked for a bar or blondie that would work with those.  Stephanie from Back For Seconds had a recipe that was right up my alley.

1103132044b

I didn’t have peanut butter cups so my mix-ins were Reese’s Pieces, white chocolate chips, and Heath pieces.

1103132046

I made these late in the afternoon on Sunday so between how long they needed to cool plus the time change, there wasn’t any light left for decent photos.  But I can’t do a food post without any pictures at all so for better or worse, these are what you get.

1103132046a

These blondies are not at all cakey.  They are very similar to my favorite cookie texture, which is a touch crisp on the outside and chewy and soft on the inside.  The recipe was simple so I will be keeping it in my go-to arsenal.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

{Recipe adapted from here}

No comments: