Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Beach trip

The McHusband and I spent a couple days at Myrtle Beach last week.  We went down on Thursday and stayed through Saturday.  Odd timing, I know.  We had a special deal and had a limited window of opportunity.  It actually worked out really well so that I had a wonderful long weekend that extended through Monday because the sitter took some time off for her birthday.

But back to our little getaway.  The McHusband and I had so much fun.  Immediately upon arriving, we walked on the beach then he made some travel arrangements for a work trip while I took a nap.  Yep, we started this vacation off on the right foot. Smile

That night, we had some of the best pizza we’ve ever had (Ultimate California Pizza) before two rounds of Putt Putt.  We had to play the second game after I beat the McHusband during the first.  He did win the follow-up game…barely.

On Friday, we slept in, ran on the beach and nearby boardwalk before walking around Barefoot Landing, checking out an RV park for the McInlaws, and finally going to the timeshare presentation we were committed to.  We didn’t buy into the program, but I will tell you this: they have some REALLY good salespeople.

That night, we had a blast at Broadway at the Beach.  Dinner at Margaritaville, drinks at Wet Willie’s, more drinks at a karaoke bar plus some skee ball, then a slice of pizza from a cart.  Hit.the.spot.

To my McHusband: Thank you for a wonderful trip.  I had the best time with you, and I’m so thankful that we were able to get away and spend a couple days  together without work or chores or kids (of the two- and four-legged varieties) stealing our time.  When can we do this again?

We got home Saturday around 4:00 and I was so happy to see Connor.  I needed the break from the real world, including my life as a mom, but I did miss the little guy and I was counting down the minutes that last hour of the drive home.

My mom stayed with Connor while we were gone, which is partly why we were able to have such a good time.  I knew Connor was in great hands, and I knew my mom was happy to get the quality time with her youngest grandson.

My mom was kind enough to stay another day and work on a little project for Vanessa’s baby shower.  I can’t wait to show you guys, but you’ll have to wait until mid-November.

To my mom: Thank you for making the trip here to stay with Connor and Morgan* so that we could get away.  I am grateful that you are able to spend the time here and it makes me so happy that you and Connor enjoy each other’s company.  Thank you for spending your Sunday in the dining room working on my project.  Hope your back isn’t still sore!

Connor and I had a great day on Monday.  I got a few things done around the house, but we mostly just hung out and he took two good naps.  I think his vacation from daycare was good for him as it let him catch up on his rest with some quality naps.  I hope the trend continues at the sitter’s this week, but we will see.

And today, it’s back to the real world for me.  But it’s a short week because in addition to it starting on Tuesday, I’m leaving early on Friday because I’m hosting Women’s Night that evening.

I could get used to this schedule.

*Monte also went on vacation.  We dropped him off at the breeder’s house on our way out of town and picked him up on our way home.  I think he’s still recovering from his time on the farm.

No comments: