Monday, October 27, 2014

{Recipe Recap} Butterfinger Pie

I’ve said before that I’m keeping a post short and sweet and then it ends up not so short (but plenty sweet).  I mean it this time: I’m keeping it short because it has been a crazy-busy weekend and I’m worn out.

Our neighborhood had its annual Fall Festival with a chili cookoff and a pie bakeoff.  Well, we were supposed to have those two contests but only two people besides me, the returning champion, made chili and I was the only one who made a pie.  I don’t know if my chili was the crowd’s favorite, but I know the pie was.

I made a pudding pie, which required me to make pudding from scratch.  It wasn’t difficult, but it was time consuming.  I’m not ready to give up my boxes of Jell-O pudding mix just yet, but for the right recipe, I’d do the from-scratch thing again.

A quick pic of my pie as I headed out the door:

PART_1414373251421_20141025_143628

And all that was left after it was devoured by everyone and left in the sun for an hour:

PART_1414373272969_20141025_163107

What you need to know is this pie deserved a full photographic spread.  It was delicious!  If you like peanut butter, chocolate, and especially Butterfingers, then this pie is for you.

Have a great Monday!

{Recipe adapted from here}

No comments: