Sunday, April 5, 2009

For the birds

I hung three birdfeeders and put my birdbath in the backyard on Saturday. Well, I call it a birdbath; Morgan thinks it's a special water bowl just for her.

Because they were getting baths on Sunday, we let Morgan and Tucker be, well, dogs on Saturday. They were outside pretty much all day and by later in the afternoon, they were pooped. It's amazing how exhausting fresh air can be.


When the McHusband aerated last weekend, he accidentally cut through the extension cord going from the house to the bug zapper (left by the previous owners). So he and Tucker worked on repairing that.


The two feeders on the hook thingie are a finch feeder and a regular old birdfeeder. I also have a hummingbird feeder. At the other house, I had it right outside a kitchen window and it was really neat to watch the hummingbirds. Here, I don't have a good place like that to put the feeder so I hung it from a tree not too far off the deck. I hope 1) that some hummingbirds find the feeder and 2) that we can actually see them.

No comments: