Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Out on the town

This past Saturday, the McHusband and I went out to dinner with some friends to celebrate a birthday, then we headed to a favorite late-night spot, Bogart's.

We met at The Pit for dinner. It's an upscale barbecue (talk about an oxymoron!) joint downtown. Our waiter brought us a basket of biscuits and hushpuppies to munch on, and I think we were all pretty much sold on the place after that. I had the brisket (so tender), steamed veggies (perfectly cooked), and the sweet potato fries (very yummy). We had a little bit of everything at the table, and everyone was very happy with their food.

Who's everyone?

Well, there was Terry and Vickie.


No, they don't always dress alike. :)

And Scott and Jennifer, the birthday girl.


Happy, uh, 29th (again), Jennifer! I think we agreed that next year she'd actually turn 30.

And, of course, you know these two.


Shawn, Vanessa, and Maret joined us later at Bogart's.


Once everyone was sufficiently liquored up, it was time to hit the dance floor.





"Go Vanessa, it's your, uh, Jennifer's birthday..."

There were a LOT of people on the dance floor and it was really warm in there.



"Ah, that's better, I'm so much cooler now."

When we weren't dancing, we were outside at a couple of tables, which were located on the other side of some windows right by the entrance to the restaurant. There was a bachelorette party there that night and they had a theme. See if you can figure it out.


Here's our table checking them out.


They noticed that I was taking pictures and were kind enough to pose for us.


No idea if the four fingers stands for something (some kind of sorority gang?), but I'd rather see four than just one...

All in all, a very fun night. There were only two downsides. It was POURING when we left The Pit to head to Bogart's, and the McHusband and I got a $30 parking ticket. Apparently, neither of us nor Terry were able to make sense of the signs posted that said we were parking in a bus lane, which wasn't allowed after 6 pm on a Saturday.

Oops.

4 comments:

Gma said...

It appears a GOOD TIME WAS HAD BY ALL! Tell me Steph, since you were the DD and didn't have benefit of enough alcoholic beverages to loosen you up, did you hop onto the dance floor for at least a couple of slow dances?

Those daggumed NO PARKING signs -- they get you every time!

The McMom said...

I noticed that Stephanie was not in any dance floor pics, but it appears to me in the cool down photo that she might have had sufficient alcohol to have given it a try! You look pretty loosened up to me! Who WAS the DD ???? I like how you said you AND the McHusband got a ticket. Looks like you had a fun evening for sure.

That brisket sounds like my kind of brisket -- not like what we got in Charlotte for MY BD!! The one before I turned the BIG 6-0!!! Love ya --- The McMom

Jenny said...

Hey, I think it was a preppy golf theme and the four fingers for for FOUR... like on a golf course, that is my guess at least :).

McMom said...

Well, Jenny came up with the golf theme... with the little visors and short skirts -- she had some name for them... in my day they were skorts, but that isn't what she called them.......The 4 finges is actually for "fore" which is what one yells in golf if someone is in danger of being hit by a golf ball! I know that from playing with my parents and watching many a golf match on TV with my Dad.