Thursday, April 30, 2009

New chairs

The McHusband and I have made do with a hand-me-down patio set for several years now. We got it from our old neighbor, NASCAR Jeff, who was moving with his family back to Illinois. Prior to that, we briefly "stored" Chelle and Jeremy's patio table and four wonderful chairs on our deck while they were living in the apartment before they moved into their house.

The day they came to take that stuff back was a very sad one.

Anyway, I now have my own awesome patio chairs. They're bouncy and new and oh-so-comfortable.


Here's a close-up of a chair. See that circle about halfway from front to back under the seat? That's my favorite part because it makes the chair rock just enough.


Thank you Chelle, Jeremy, Terry, Vickie, and Kim for two of the chairs and to everyone else who contributed to my chair fund for my birthday. You'll need to come over and sit in what you got me.

The McMom got me this plant stand thingie last year. You just thread the pole through the too-much-water hole in the bottom of each pot and they sit on each other and tilt in opposite directions.

"Huh?" I know that's what you're thinking.

I'll be sure to show you what it looks like all assembled and then you'll go, "Oh yeah, it looks exactly like she explained it." You'll see.


If you go back to the picture with the table, you'll see something on the far side of the table. That's what's left of a green pot that fell into the biggest green pot and broke into many pieces. I was so bummed, and then of course Home Depot didn't have another one so I ended up with the white pots instead.

It's so hard being me.

1 comment:

Gma said...

Ooh la la -- now you just need to upfit the umbrella and you'll be all set!

Can't wait to test drive next weekend!