Monday, April 20, 2009

Surprise! (Part I)

Most of you who read this probably already know what happened to me on Friday. Something that's been in the works for a couple of years now finally came to fruition: my mom, sisters, and the McHusband have been conniving behind my back (and getting my friends in on the deceit) to put together a surprise part a week before my 30th birthday.

And it was a success! I had no idea what was going on.

Here's everyone trying on their Stephanie faces. (Thank you, Sara, for picking the skinny one.)


They saw my car pull into the driveway so they're anxiously awaiting my arrival.


The way they kept me from coming straight home after work was to have my friend Vanessa ask me to help her find a dress for her husband's company dinner. Guess what? There's no dinner, but we did find a really cute dress. Vanessa, I think you owe it to me to go back and get that dress.


In typical Stephanie fashion, I was momentarily distracted by the food before looking back at the crowd and seeing some familiar but not recently seen faces.




This wasn't just any party - it was a fiesta!


My friend Krista had me open my gift at the beginning of the party because she got me my souvenier "30" glass.


More party pics to come. You haven't seen the margarita glasses the size of Owen or the singing gorilla who came to the front door. Yes, really.

In the meantime, I'll leave you with these pictures of the kitchen and den (taken Saturday morning) AFTER we'd cleaned up. Apparently, this is some of what I have to look forward to when we have kids.





Thank you to everyone who worked to pull this off and to everyone who came. I really appreciate everything that went into this party, from starting to plan it at the Kenny Chesney concert two years ago to cleaning and decorating my house to attending and making me feel special. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

2 comments:

Gma said...

You are WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME!

Shoot, we just couldn't let the Big 3-0 go by with just a simple dinner at Daniel's! You came in to this world 30 years ago amidst alot of hoopla and celebration, figured it only fitting that we celebrate this milestone in a similar manner!

It was a concerted effort by a bunch of folks - thank you, thank you to all for helping to make the night a success!

AND FOR ALL OF YOU WITH INQUIRING MINDS: despite not being cleaned in two weeks, the worst offense of the cleaning process was all the pollen that covered seemingly every surface. A small price to pay for taking advantage of the beautiful spring days and opening the windows!

Stephanie said...

Welcome to the big 3-0 club Steph! It really isn't that bad. And way to go Ryan for planning such a great bash for you! I wish my husband would have planned something...anything!!! Its hard to believe that its been 3 1/2 years since we've seen each other and 5 years since you've been to michigan! One of us has to travel soon!