Sunday, June 28, 2009

Outdoor wedding in June

The McHusband's coworker got married yesterday.

Outside.

At 5:00.

It was at least 95 degrees and humid as, well, you know where, and our seats were in the sun.

Before we left the house and starting sweating profusely, we looked pretty snazzy.


Thanks, Chelle, for letting me borrow the dress. I promise to have it sanitized before giving it back.

The groom's friend got ordained online and performed the ceremony.

"By the power vested in me by the internet..."


"You may kiss the bride!"


I'm sure it'll be fun for them to look back on their wedding pictures and see the strangers boating in the background.


The food was set up in a small room that had air conditioning and floor vents. Gotta love the floor vents.


But it was back outside to eat.


Luckily there was beer and wine and ponytail holders to keep us from being too miserable.


Awww, the happy bride and groom.


And one last picture cuz I thought it was a neat idea. Instead of a guestbook, they had everyone sign a rock. I'm not sure what they're going to do with them, but it was a fun twist on a tradition.


Congratulations, Mike and Madi! Welcome to the club.

3 comments:

Gina said...

Was this at a certain park very near to your old neighborhood? It looks somewhat similar to where we had our rehearsal dinner and where Bob's mom had her wedding - though we both used the room with a/c because we are wimps.

Mc Mom said...

Steph --- I enlarged that photo of you and Ryan ready for the evening --- did you REALLY keep those "shoes" on all night? OUCH!! Who else -- the McMOM

Stephanie said...

Gina: The wedding was actually at Lake Johnson off Avent Ferry. I'm sure your guests appreciated being in the A/C. :)

McMom: No, I didn't keep the shoes on all night. Once we were standing around after the ceremony, I changed into flatter sandals. However, I did wear these in Vegas one night and ended up walking barefoot along the strip. I don't recommend that.