Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Please leave a message at the beep

I don't know if someone decided to play a prank on us, or if there really is an idiot running around out there who doesn't know his own phone number, but we're tired of insurance agents calling us regarding our online request for insurance quotes.

The first day, we had 9 messages on the machine. I did a double-take because there's no way that many people needed to talk to us. I listened to the first couple of messages and realized I was right - they weren't calling for us, they were calling for Hong Wong (or something like that).

Sorry, no Hong Wong here.

For some reason, I didn't delete the messages. Maybe it was to show the McHusband, I don't know. By the next day, we were up to 15 messages. Have you ever had that many messages on your machine/in your voicemail? Unless you won the lottery and had relatives coming out of the woodwork, you probably haven't. Well here's what it looks like:


But those agents, they're persistent. They called to follow up when they didn't hear back from Hong.


And when Hong so inconsiderately STILL didn't call back, they thought they should check in one more time.


The McHusband called last night to let me know he landed safely after taking a four-seater plane to Alabama and back for work, and he was kind enough to tell me about how they flew next to the storm for most of the way back. Yep, he still knows how to get my heart rate up after all these years. I was doing some watering so I barely heard the phone ringing and came inside just as he was leaving Message #30 on the machine. And his message was, "Well, I'm adding to the messages..." After that, I finally deleted all of them.

So if you've tried to leave us a message and it hasn't worked or if you left one and didn't hear back, blame Hong. I didn't have a lot of patience to listen to many messages after the 15th one.

No comments: