Wednesday, June 17, 2009

No Buddy Holly

I sorta fell down at work today.

I'd just come back from my lunch hour and, good wife-of-a-car-guy that I am, I parked next to one of the medians so I had a curb on one side of my car. I guess I parked a little close because I could only open my door so far due to a holly bush being in the way, and then I had to step up on the curb to walk away from my car.

I don't know what happened, but I lost my footing and went left-side-first into the holly bush. I don't know if anyone saw what happened, but I'd like to think they'd give my popping back up high marks. Hey, you land in a holly bush and see how long it takes you to get off it.

I was actually bleeding by the time I got into my office. Don't worry, I don't have any pictures of the actual blood. You should probably click on these to make them bigger so you can feel as bad for me as I want you to.




Maybe I'll find a new place to park tomorrow.

2 comments:

Shan said...

I wish I could have been up in the trees to see that!

McMom said...

From the mother of the "car guy"... I sure hope the door didn't get involved with that holly bush --- you know now that they can do damage! Wouldn't want any scratches on that car like you displayed on your arm.... :>( Hope you are feeling better now... Between this post and the one from your sister.... I don't think you are getting the sympathy you had hoped for........Love ya,McMom