Monday, June 15, 2009

Veggie Tales

The McInlaws have a garden and they shared some of their bounty with us. I found a recipe for a marinade of sorts for some zucchini, squash, and onion so we had that, chicken, and rice for dinner tonight.

Yes, Jeremy, you read that correctly: I actually planned ahead so the McHusband and I could have a REAL dinner during the week.

The McHusband grilled some chicken and the veggies while I tended to the rice. Of course, he had his sidekick nearby.


A plateful of veggies:


And our full meal - chicken marinated in Italian dressing, some dirty rice, and our grilled vegetables.


After the Monkey Bread debacle, I feel like I have to share every baking/food success I have.

1 comment:

McMom said...

You will just have to come to Charlotte more often in the summer! You won't eat RICE but you will eat DIRTY rice? Weird!!!

Guess I will bring you some veggies when I come up the 26th... since I am inviting myself!! Love, McMom