Sunday, November 15, 2009

Chicken Stew

Chelle and Jeremy had their Chicken Stew on Saturday. It's called a Chicken Stew because that's what we eat - chicken stew. Here, take a look:































Are you thinking what I'm thinking? Yeah, I know, I HAVE to have that cauldron on my front porch next year.

Here's the McHusband enjoying his first bowl of chicken stew:


















Besides eating chicken stew, we hang out around the fire.
Hey Maret, Vanessa, Terry and Vickie!













There were some new faces at this year's Chicken Stew because of Chelle and Jeremy's new neighborhood.

We met Amber and Jared, who moved in across the street in September.













Chris (to Chelle's right) and his girlfriend Annie have lived in the 'hood longer than Chelle and Jeremy, but since they didn't have the chicken stew last year, this was Chris and Annie's first.













I sure wish I could remember what Chelle was saying.

If you weren't sitting around the fire, you were probably hanging out in the garage since that's where the chicken stew, snacks, drinks, and cutie-patootie Charlee were.































Charlee had the best time pushing that stool back and forth across the garage floor, and she kept us very entertained with her two-year-old chatter.

Oh, we had an uninvited guest. Personally, I felt right at home sharing the garage with him.













He was smaller than the lizards I'm used to at our house.













Speaking of critters - Cody joined us out at the fire once most everyone had finished their chicken stew. As you might imagine, he was a little more than slightly interested in what was in everyone's bowls.













The boys ended up inside playing poker toward the end of the night. I'm glad to see a decent-sized stack of chips in front of the McHusband.













But you know who had the best time at the party? Here, I'll give you a hint:













I have one more blackmail-worthy picture of her at the VERY end of the night, but I think I'll hold onto that one for now.

Thanks, Chelle and Jeremy, we had fun. And we're looking forward to the leftover chicken stew we took home with us.

2 comments:

Chelle Hammons said...

I'm glad everyone had a great time, and thanks for not posting all the pictures!
Chelle

jlam said...

...and you met some other really cool people too! ha! it was also little jude's first chicken stew!

as for this nice blog you have here. hmmmm...you should really consider having a few kids pronto! they will occupy your "blog time" while also giving you many exciting things to blog about.