Thursday, March 10, 2011

Groundbreaking

My company held a groundbreaking ceremony this past Friday for a mixed-use project we're developing in Clayton. We had a great turnout - about 75 people or so. I think it was the BBQ lunch we promised everyone that got them out there. That and the beautiful spring weather. We really couldn't have asked for a better day considering how temperamental Mother Nature can be in March.




Here're my coworkers and me turning some dirt after our president, the mayor, and one of the major project investors took turns saying a few words.
















One of the civil engineers on the project noticed me behind the camera the whole time and he told me to go stand by the equipment and he'd get my picture. Just 11 more pieces of equipment and I'd have a calendar!
















The hard hats were just for looks, though not necessarily good ones...





















Okay, three posts in three days. Am I forgiven for going so long between posts before this week? I'm still behind as my post about visiting Olivia is due, but I'm doing my best to catch up.

No comments: