Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Loooooooooooong overdue

I don't really have a good excuse for the lack of posts lately. It's not that there's not anything worth writing about. We went to Charlotte a few weeks ago, I visited Olivia and Owen, I'm working on the front bedroom in the house, and we had a groundbreaking for a big project my company's doing. So, yeah, there's stuff to tell, I just need the time and energy to actually tell it.

Let me see if I can recap the oldest thing, our trip to Charlotte over President's Day weekend. We went for the McMom's birthday, which was the following week. Kevin, Jenny and the kids were in town, too, so it was great to see them. I saw Bri and Lyla for a little while on Saturday, too, so I was really glad that I could squeeze in a short visit with them as well.

We - the whole McFamily - went to a local playground for some quality playtime early in the day on Saturday.

We swung.
















We slid.





































We climbed.











We sat.





















We played in the sand.




























































We snoozed. (Please ignore how I look. I'd run for 45 minutes before going to the park.)
















I didn't take my camera to the neighborhood's playground that Lyla and I went to that afternoon, but the idea was pretty much the same: swing, slide, sand, etc. I used my phone and took this picture of Lyla practicing her balance work though.





















Oh, we also found out that weekend that Kevin and Jenny are going to Michigan for Kevin's job. It's a temporary relocation that should have them back in the south in no more than two years. It's an awesome opportunity for Kevin and we're excited for them. Jenny's decided to keep a blog about their travels (and trials and tribulations, I'm sure) so check it out if you're interested and want a more up-to-date recap of what's going on than their slacker aunt can provide.

Again, I apologize for the radio silence over here in McMania. I'll try not to go so long between posts, especially since I'll have a big reveal as well as our annual St. Patrick's Day Party to blog about.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Yea! You are back, you were missed while you were in blogger silence :).