Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A pre-party project

Last year, we finished the dining room and redid the laundry room just in time for our St. Patrick's Day party. This year, I painted the front bedroom as well as a light fixture that at one point hung over our kitchen table. These projects happened justintime as I was finishing the room and starting and finishing the light on Friday, the day before the party. You know, because I didn't have enough cooking, baking, and cleaning to do.

I apologize, I forgot to take a true before picture of the light, but I think a little imagination on your part will go the short way necessary.
















I used the shepherd's hook that holds two bird feeders as my work station. I didn't want to end up with a spotty-blue hook, though, so I wrapped part of it in foil to protect it.





















It kinda looks like I have paranoid birds, like they're afraid of aliens reading their thoughts.

I even painted the metal part that goes against the ceiling. (That's the round thing leaning against the tree.) I actually really like that pop of color against the white ceiling.





















You'll have to wait until a future post for the true after (Geez, I'm on a roll here - half-painted before, no good after... What kind of project post is this?), but here's a sneak-peek.
















Actually, here's an after for you: my fingertip AFTER all that spray-painting. I still have a little blue under my nail.

No comments: