Saturday, March 26, 2011

SPD '11: R and R

The day after the party was beautiful, the kind of day that makes you want to be outside doing just about ANYthing, even if all you can come up with is requisite yardwork.

I was able to resist that urge and spent the majority of the day in my favorite spot. I even had the McHusband take a picture to document it.
















Sure, I could've chosen to sit outside in the sunshine (or in the shade next to the sunshine like Tucker) to snack on leftovers and read my magazines.
































But there's no TV outside, and it's just too hard to watch the one in the den through the windows.
















So while the McHusband got started on clean-up duty, Tori and I did our best to stay out of his way.





































The mess really wasn't that bad so I didn't feel too guilty about waiting until the last minute to help.
















Emma liked the way we had the dining room arranged with the chairs pushed against the walls and was in no hurry to have that room put back together. Thank goodness I'd thought to cover the chairs the night before.
















Morgan sided with me and was very happy to stay inside in or near a sunny spot. We kept her up way past her bedtime the night before.
















What's missing in these pictures? Oh yeah, the McHusband laying around looking miserable. He finally followed through with what he's been intending to do at the party every other year: He ate enough, drank enough water, and didn't drink too much alcohol.

And that's gonna wrap up our party this year!

1 comment:

Sara said...

At my house, Tori's resting position is called doing "the chicken wing", glad to see another cat finds that comfy besides Little Johnny.