Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Recipe Recap: Chai Spiced Cupcakes with Snickerdoodle Frosting

"Long name, amazing results." That's the catchphrase for an online classifieds site, I think. But as far as I'm concerned, it applies to these cupcakes, too. However, I may be the only one who thinks that. I sent about a dozen into the office with the McHusband and he brought half of them home. Maybe it's because they're a bunch of chocoholics over there or maybe it's because the frosting isn't the most appetizing color. If you like cinnamon, I can't imagine you wouldn't like these. (Like my paper? I found the pad in the dollar section at Target and bought two of them.)

I (roughly) used this recipe from PW's Tasty Kitchen site. I made these on a weeknight so I wasn't really feeling cupcakes-from-scratch. Instead, I used a vanilla cake mix and then added the cardamom through nutmeg. They tasted great to me.

But the frosting. Oh. Em. Gee. I could've eaten a whole bowl of this stuff. In fact, I had to just throw out what little was left after I frosted the cupcakes because I wanted to scarf it down right then.
















I think I need to write an ode to my 1M tip. Where has this thing been all my (baking) life? Look at those pretty swirls.
















I'm already dreaming of the fall when I can make a pumpkin cake with this frosting. And if no one besides me likes it, then there'll be more for me.

And more OF me. But it'll be worth it.

2 comments:

McMom said...

Your swirls are looking VERY professional!!! YUMMMMM... McMom

McMom said...

In your ode to your 1M tip.... don't forget credit where credit is due -- it isn't all Mr. Wilton's ya know....LOL McMom