Friday, March 18, 2011

SPD '11: Food!

Other than those cupcake pictures and one overall picture of the dining room table, I didn't take any food pictures. I know, I broke one of the top 5 rules of good blogging there, didn't I?

The winners of the night were the chicken enchilada dip (a new recipe that'll be making MANY more appearances), the bacon-wrapped lil smokies, the secret ingredient cookies made with both milk chocolate and peanut butter chips, and the spicy and sweet pretzels.

I got myself organized the week before the party this year and bound my recipes with dividers: Snacks, Sweets, and Sips. That turned out to be very helpful. Sure wish I'd thought of it, oh, 4 years ago. Better late than never, right?

Snacks:
--Cinnamon Pretzels
--G&D's Spicy Pretzels
--Chicken Enchilada Dip
--Meatballs (Heinz chili sauce and that canned cranberry gel stuff)
--Bacon-wrapped Lil Smokies
--Crack Dip (sour cream, cream cheese, bacon, and cheddar cheese mixed together and baked)
--Chips and salsa and guacamole
--Layered Bean Dip (refried beans mixed with taco seasoning then sour cream then cheese)

Sweets:
--Secret Ingredient Cookies
--Peanut Butter Fudge
--Grasshopper Truffles (two boxes Keebler Grasshopper cookies food-processed into crumbs, mix with 8 oz cream cheese, chill, shape into balls and roll in melted white chocolate)
--Minty Cookies n Cream Cupcakes
--Vanilla Cupcakes with Bailey's Buttercream Frosting (I'm not sure which recipe I used for the frosting, but Annie's on a roll with her desserts so I'm sure this one's good)
--Lemon Gooey Cake Bars

Sips:
--Kerri's Holiday Punch
--Whiskey Slush

I went through five blocks of cream cheese, three bags of shredded cheese, and countless gallons of water while I washed my KitchenAid mixer bowl over and over again. I know what I need to add to my Christmas list this year: a second mixer bowl, maybe one of those new glass ones. Santa, do you hear me?

No comments: