Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Room Redo: The Front Bedroom

I bought a new duvet and shams for the twin bed in the front bedroom. But then I decided I preferred the new stuff in the back bedroom. The brown in the fabric just went really well with the already-brown walls. So I took the striped bedding from the back bedroom and put it on the twin bed and went looking for a light, airy gray for the walls in the front bedroom.

Now that all the walls are painted, they look clean and fresh, but the difference isn't exactly exciting. I mean, they went from boring builder beige to boring gray. So I want to show you the difference between the two colors after I'd trimmed around the edges because otherwise you'll really wonder why I spent time and money painting the room.
































It's really hard to get a good after shot of this room. I'm either pointing the camera at the windows and therefore into the sun, or there's not enough natural light so the flash washes everything out. So I'm just going to show you pictures of most angles from both earlier in the day and later and hopefully you get the gist.





















I would say that this picture is fairly accurate of the wall color (or lack thereof).





















My makeshift valances using curtain panels left by the previous owners and some gift-wrapping ribbon.
















You finally got the see the chandelier's after. With the boring walls, I'm so glad I went with such a vibrant color for the light fixture.










































This picture is a good one of the wall color.





















As far as makeovers go, this one isn't too exciting. But it's nice to have a fresh coat of paint on the walls and to have to room set up so that someone could actually stay in it rather than using it as a way oversized junk drawer.

I'm on the lookout for stuff for the walls, which the room desperately needs. I definitely want to bring in some color and, hey, if whatever I like isn't a good color already, then I'll just grab a can of spray paint and make it work for me.

1 comment:

McMom said...

Looks good, but how did you make the twin duvet fit the double bed? OR was it double to go to the floor on the twin? Are we going to see the back bedroom redo? mcmom