Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Eli

The McHusband and I went to Charlotte this past weekend. Originally, we both had a good reason to be there - he was going to a concert and I had to babysit Maxie while Bri, Nate, and Lyla went to (and were in) Nate's sister's wedding.

We traveled to Charlotte in style. Redneck style. Apparently I don't have any pictures of the truck as a whole so I'll have to update blogland on that at some point. For now, just know that it's a 1993 white Ford F150 with rusty spots and power nothing. That's right, we have to crank the windows up ourselves and lean across the bench seat to unlock/lock the other door. But it starts every time (so far) and the space behind said bench seat is just the right size for a Great Dane and a mastiff.

Because the dogs were inside, our stuff had to go in the bed of the truck. There was a good chance for rain so we did what any good North Carolinian would do. We used trash bags.
















We had to stop less than 10 miles from home to make some adjustments to ensure our pillows and such wouldn't get soaked and/or blow away.
































The dogs really did seem more comfortable than when we'd travel in the Sport Track with the front passenger seat out, and Morgan and me on the back seat while Tucker got the floor in front of me.





















Okay, so maybe it wasn't always perfect, but I didn't hear Morgan complaining.





















The McHusband was supposed to go to the Kings of Leon concert Friday night, but it was canceled. We made the most out of the situation, though, and visited with Bill, Veerle, and baby Eli, who was born one day after his due date on July 30th.

Eli was wide awake when we got there, and I wasted no time snatching him up from the pack n play. Once I got my initial fill of newborn cuddles, I let the McMom have a turn. I apologize for the not-so-great photos but the lighting was low and I didn't want to use the flash too much.





















Then I got Eli back before the McHusband had a turn forced on him. (Please excuse my hair; it and a steady drizzle do NOT mix.)











Eli was so comfy in the McHusband's arm, even if the feeling wasn't exactly mutual.
















Eli moved his arm himself. Guess the light at the end of the couch was just too much for this napping newborn.
















Consider Eli your warm-up because I spent the next day with Maxie and I've got some cute pictures PLUS video.

3 comments:

Gma said...

You're right, Steph -- what a pretty baby!

Congratulations and welcome to parenthood!

McMom said...

Eli was a "handsome" boy... and it was FUN to hold him!!! He didn't seem to sense Ryan's angst at all... McMom

veerle said...

Love the pictures! So glad you were able to come by...and glad you bought treats..they're delicious!