Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Visitor

We had a visitor this past weekend.
















My dad flew into Charlotte on Wednesday and spent a couple days in the Queen City with Bri and Shannon and their families. Then Bri, Nate, and the girls brought my dad to Asheboro where we had dinner at Chili's before the Daddy Exchange.





















These pictures were taken before dinner at Tribeca Tavern. We went there for the burgers and so I could get pizza, a.k.a. fuel for my triathlon the next morning. The McHusband ended up going with the shrimp and grits, a dish he recently (and finally) tried and is now a big fan of. My dad had the Wolfpack Burger and onion rings, and I had the Shrimp Pizza with the shrimp on the side. Considering how varied our meal choices were, we thought it spoke volumes about the restaurant that we were all extremely happy with our dishes. I even said that I liked my pizza so much that I may never get anything different there.

We really enjoyed the time with my dad. He was here almost exactly a year ago so as we sent him off to catch his plane back to Kansas City, I asked, "Same time next year?" These August visits could be habit-forming, and that'd be just fine with me.

More on the triathlon soon...

No comments: