Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Makin' faces

When we were in Charlotte a couple weekends ago, I got to spend some time with Lyla before she and my mom had to leave for the wedding and my babysitting officially started. Lyla put herself on the stairs behind the baby gate (which at this point only prevents adults who don't know how to work a baby gate off the stairs) and said she was in jail.





















I guess self-imposed jail time isn't any more fun than when someone else sticks you in the clink.
















But you gotta do something to pass the time (and at the same time thwart an aunt's attempts at getting a picture of a smiling niece).






















































Finally, a smile! Not a great picture-taking effort on my part, but the subject makes up for that.

3 comments:

Gma said...

She looks so daggumed grown up in pictures!

Hope you had a great time proving you're "Aunt Best"... we appreciated you stepping in and doing kiddy duty.

So, taking care of a 2 mo. old -- does it make you want to make babies?

McHusband said...

I got this... NO!!!

Gma said...

McHusband,
Doesn't sound like you even hesitated one nano second and that was one heck of a declaration of non-intent if I ever heard one! Crack me up!