Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Recipe Recap: Peanut Butter Chocolate Tart

I've been holding onto this recipe for a while. How long is "a while" exactly? Well, I saw the recipe, saved it, then asked the McMom for a tart pan for Christmas just so I could make this dessert. So "a while" is at least eight months.

I wish I'd made this as soon as I got the tart pan. And then once a month since then. My life definitely needed this dessert in it on a regular basis. My pants, not so much.

The reason I finally made this tart is Vickie requested that her birthday dessert be "something with peanut butter." With a peanut butter cookie dough crust and tons of peanut butter filling (not to mention the peanut butter cups), I knew this would fulfill her wish.

Let's start from the bottom: the peanut butter cookie dough crust. Mine's a little thicker than it's supposed to be due to my tart pan being a nine-incher rather than the specified ten-incher. No complaints here.





















Chopped-up Reese's Peanut Butter Cups were next. See the one peeking out at you? And now you can really see how thick the crust is.
















Okay, I guess that picture gave away the next layer: the peanut butter filling. Or heaven on earth, as I like to call it.
















I topped it off with a milk chocolate ganache and more chopped up peanut butter cups. Of course.
















Do yourself a favor. Find someone (family member, coworker, that person you always see in the elevator at quittin' time) who's having a birthday and MAKE THIS FOR THEM. Don't be like me and wait 8 months to finally have some Peanut Butter Chocolate Tart in your life.



1 comment:

McMom said...

YUM!!!My BD is in February!! MvMom