Thursday, August 18, 2011

Maxie and me

As I mentioned, we were in Charlotte so I could stay with Maxie while everyone else went to Lauren's wedding. Maxie and I spent from about 2:30 Saturday afternoon to 1:00 that night/Sunday morning all by ourselves. So 12-plus hours of just me and a two-month-old and I lived to write about it AND I'm not swearing off kids. Continuing to put them off for a bit, yes, but not swearing off and not because of her. I thoroughly enjoyed my quality time with her.
















Maxie had a few fussy moments, which my mom warned me about, but I really can't complain. She ate, she slept, she looked around, she smiled, she needed a couple diaper changes, and she went to bed in her pack n play at a decent hour (9ish) and didn't stir until a little after 4:00 Sunday morning. Mom was on duty then, thank goodness.





















She has more hair than Lyla did at her first birthday party.











We did our best to hold down the couch and keep the TV company throughout the day. We watched Charlie St. Cloud with Zac Efron. I guess I'm a dirty old lady because there's just something about him (The dark hair-blue eyes combo maybe?) that makes me crush on him. Look at Maxie, she couldn't tear her eyes away from the screen while he was up there.





















I'll leave you with one video. It starts off cute so don't miss the first few seconds.

3 comments:

Gma said...

Does she look like the spittin' image of her daddy, or what?

I had a long chat with her prior to your arrival. "Now Maxie, under NO circumstances are you to have "one of those days. Because if you do, Aunt Best will never ever come back." Two months old and already she listens!!!

Jenny said...

So adorable! ALMOST makes me want another one. Good job Aunt Steph!

McMom said...

She even gave us a little wink! Glad I got to see her that day. She sure looks like her daddy for sure! McMom