Thursday, August 4, 2011

Recipe Recap: Blueberry Buckle

I've got a number of sweets to share with you: a peanut butter tart, Baby Bars, double-chocolate muffins, banana whoopie pies, ice cream (yep, homemade ice cream), cupcakes... But, as usual of late, I'm behind. So I'm going to start with this Blueberry Buckle since maybe it's the most interesting.

I had no idea a buckle was something other than what I loosened on my belt after eating too many of the aforementioned sweets. I'm still not sure what exactly defines the baked good known as a buckle. I bet Wikipedia could help me out, but I think I'll just enjoy the mystery.

This recipe came from Martha Stewart via a new-to-me blog, Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice. I knew I had a breakfast meeting at work coming up and thought this seemed like an easy enough thing to throw together the night before. And I was right - it came together very quickly and easily.
















I never met a streusel topping I didn't like.
















The buckle wasn't as sweet as you might expect a coffee cake-type thing to be. Due to the FIVE cups of blueberries I added, I would say that the fruit was the main flavor so you have to like blueberries to like this. The McHusband's a fan of those little purple suckers so he really enjoyed his slab of the buckle. Me? I liked it enough, but it wasn't my favorite.

1 comment:

Mcmom said...

That is right up McDad's alley....me... not so much! Pretty though... some blueberry things like pie can be pretty offputting with their color. McMom