Friday, September 23, 2011

Beantown: Friday day

The McHusband and I spent this past weekend in Boston with Rick and Sabrina. They moved up there in June, and we were really excited to get the chance to see our friends and a new city in one fell swoop.

We flew JetBlue and I don't ever want to fly any other way. The airline offers extra legroom, Sirius radio, and TVs for everyone. I can hear Oprah, I mean the JetBlue bigwigs, now: "You get a TV, you get a TV, everyone gets a TV!"

Boston from the airplane:
















Actually, that's Boston post-Picnik; I've been having fun with that web site and some of our trip's pictures. Just for comparison's sake, here's the original.
















Cool, huh? I'm going to do a whole post soon with a few before and afters. Anyway, back to our trip...

We rode the longest escalator I've ever been on to get waaaaaaaay down underground to catch the T to Harvard Square.





















We can officially say we've been to Harvard where we saw the statue of John Harvard, a.k.a. the statue of three lies.
















I guess seeing him made us thirsty because our next stop was his namesake bar, John Harvard's Brew House.
















There was this one huge round table tucked away in the corner that the McHusband couldn't resist sitting at.
















We walked back to Rick and Sabrina's place along a popular jogging route. In addition to the runners and cyclists, we saw plenty of people rowing crew in the river.
















We saw some gorgeous houses on our way back. Some were very traditional...





































...and others were definitely much more contemporary.
















I don't remember the McHusband snapping this photo. It's just one of the many times during the weekend that we were all hanging out on the curb waiting to cross the street.





















That night, we had dinner in the North End with a couple more old friends. But you'll have to check back to see who that was...

2 comments:

McMom said...

WOW --- I love Boston! McMom

RickD4NCSt8 said...

That was really cool to see the compare/contrast with picnic. I'll have to check it out.