Monday, September 26, 2011

Recipe Recap: Peanut Butter Cookies

My mom got me the Magnolia Bakery cookbook for Christmas. I've used it for a frosting or two and I have a few other recipes bookmarked. One of those was for peanut butter cookies. Turns out this month was the perfect time to finally make the cookies as the Magnolia Bakery was celebrating Peanut Butter Month.

I made the cookies to take with us to Boston. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures. I know, what a letdown. But if you want to see some good photos of someone else's version of these cookies, check out Smitten Kitchen's post.

Deb used chocolate chips in her cookies, but I kept my cookies as peanut buttery as possible with peanut butter chips. I also used crunchy peanut butter.

I have to say, these cookies were REALLY good. They were a perfect texture - thick and soft but with a hint of crunch as you bit into the cookie. If you like peanut butter cookies and are looking for an easy go-to recipe, give these a try.

{I'll be making them again and I promise to take pictures next time.}

No comments: