Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Recipe Recap: Chocolate Nutella Cookies & Whopper Brownies

We hosted Flamingo Friday at our house this past Friday. Flamingo Friday is something our neighborhood does. One neighbor has three plastic flamingos, one of which we call Flo. So Flo's two friends go at the entrance to the neighborhood and Flo goes by the mailbox of the house hosting the party. Basically, if the flamingos are out and you're "in the know," then you are invited to show up to hang out.

I of course made too much, but I like to offer a variety. I had some staples like the spicy pretzels, lemon gooey bars, and Aztec Salsa. I tried three new sweets and was fairly successful. The Whopper Brownies were VERY good and definitely a recipe to keep. The Chocolate Nutella Cookies were good but were first and foremost chocolate with only a hint of Nutella, which was a little disappointing.
















These brownies had Ovaltine in them and I thought they were very good on their own. Great milk chocolate flavor and nicely fudgy. The frosting was delicious and is one I'll be using on cupcakes.





















The cookies baked up very nicely and stayed very soft. I'm thinking with their strong chocolate flavor and great texture, they'd make good cookie sandwiches.





















Perhaps I've found another use for that malt frosting...
















1 comment:

Gma said...

What... no pics of Flo and her friends?

So did you put the leftover brownies in the mail?