Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Fail :(

No Boston post today. I mean, I planned to do one, but I'm not in the mood. See, I tried to make these Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Bars because we had overripe bananas, and I've got a good stash in the freezer already.

Everything was fine until I took the pan out of the oven. I really don't know what happened. One second I had my silicone oven mitts on the pan, the next I was scrambling to keep the pan from tipping totally over.

I burned a knuckle in the process.

So I smooshed and smoothed the cake into submission and stuck it back into the oven for a few minutes. I really wish that were all it took to work a miracle these days, but my fairy godmother must've had the night off.
















You can see that the bars are done around the edges. Everywhere else? Not so much.
















The good news is that the taste was good so the recipe has potential for the next time I have two overripe bananas hanging out on my counter.

You know what the ironic thing is? I made these bars because I didn't want those two bananas to go to waste. At least they weren't alone. I also basically just threw away 3 cups of oats, 2 eggs, half a cup each of white and brown sugar, and a cup and a half of flour.

I'm sure Betty, Julia, and Giada all had baking blunders at some point in their successful careers.

Right?

1 comment:

McMom said...

My lunch was not quite so catastrophic... but.... I fixed me a little salad on greens, onion and cuke with a "drizzle" of Caesar vinagrette and for my cheese opted for grated Kraft parm/asiago..... Just a touch is all I wanted... opened the flip top and shook the container..........HAD THE SPOON SIDE OPEN!!! McMOM