Monday, September 5, 2011

Lap it up!

Guess what? I'm blogging from my couch, using my new Sony Vaio laptop. Wanna see?
















The McHusband literally just took the picture. Don't I look comfy? I'm in my spot with the TV on in front of me, a blanket to keep me warm, and a convenient place to set my Coke Zero/wine/cherry rum lemonade.

No, we didn't just decide to go out and spend hundreds of dollars on a new techie toy on a whim. Our desktop, which we've had for six years or so, pretty much died last week. The McHusband's IT guy at work has it right now and we should be able to get the important stuff like pictures off it, but we needed a new computer to put all that stuff back into.

Let me back up a few years. My coworker got a laptop for her ten-year anniversary at our company four years ago. My ten-year anniversary on July 5th wasn't even recognized, which I'd basically come to terms with and moved on from. But when it turned out that we needed a new computer, I brought the anniversary thing up and got permission and a budget (and a belated "Happy Anniversary!"). Time to go shopping!

We planned to get a desktop and a laptop and ended up with two laptops. You know, by extension, the McHusband has been with my company for 10 years, too, so I guess he deserved a new toy as well.
















The table seems to be the new desk.
















The McHusband got a stainless steel-looking HP. Mine computer's midnight blue. I know no one's surprised by these revelations.
















Yep, we're a modern family now. This is how we spent our time together after a party Saturday night.












Signing off from my new office,
Stephanie



1 comment:

McMom said...

I didn't know Stephie was a hat kind o' girl... I also didn't hear / read mention of the TV remote in that listing of essential items on or near the couch/ computer... I know it is there somewhere.... maybe you can fix it so you can do that through the computer too!! Have fun!!McMom