Thursday, September 22, 2011

Ceiling storage

When our old neighbors moved, they gave the McHusband a bike storage...system. It's not a rack, it's a...system. Let me show you.





















There's a hook for the seat...
















...and one for the handlebars.
















The McHusband installed the pulley system over Labor Day weekend. The best part was that he was able to do it himself; I didn't have to leave solid ground to help.

The system in action:


Ceiling storage in the garage isn't exactly new to us. We had a hood up there in the old garage. I like this much better, mostly because it doesn't require that I climb a ladder while holding my side of a Mustang hood before hoisting it over my head and positioning it just right on two of four hooks.

Yep, a pulley system operated from the ground is waaaaay better.

3 comments:

Gma said...

Well how sweet is that!!!

McHusband said...

The cool thing is I can use it as an engine hoist too!!! J/K

Gma said...

McWife gets out of control you can just hoist her up by the seat of her pants til she behaves!