Monday, October 10, 2011

Beantown: Candlepin Bowling

After the chocolate tour, we did one last Boston thing - candlepin bowling. It's similar to ten-pin or big-ball bowling (a.k.a. regular) bowling except you get three rolls and the ball's much smaller.





















Because there wasn't any electronic scoring, the McHusband threw a few practice rolls before we officially got started.


Rick slipped a little with one of his rolls and it cracked Sabrina up.





















Self-portrait!
















I got the kids at the lane next to ours to get a picture of all four of us.
















And that wraps up our trip to Boston. We had a fabulous time discovering a new city and very much enjoyed our quality time with Rick and Sabrina.

At the airport the next day. The McHusband needed a little help with his smile. Good thing I was available. I think Tyra would be proud of that smize he's rocking.

5 comments:

McMom said...

I think he always smiles with his eyes....

Gma said...

No mention of the scores? An oversight or perhaps intentional because the scores pretty much were "in the gutter"?!

Looks fun!

McHusband said...

Actually I had a great score the first game, to spite how it may look in my practice rolls there, lol, but then I think I lost and then we were all about the same. I believe we decided to go "teams" for the last two games but don't remember who bested who... Steph probably does though.

RickD4NCSt8 said...

Convenient that Ryan doesn't remember how much Steph and I dominated in the team matches!

McHusband said...

Hmmm, Rick must be using some of that funny Bean Town math. ;)