Friday, October 28, 2011

Recipe Recap: Pumpkin Pie Fudge

TGIF!  I don’t know about where you are, but NC’s been having some really nice weather lately – sunny and 70 to 75 or so degrees.  Let’s just say it would seem that Father Time was being REAL good to Mother Nature because she’s been in a terrific mood.

Not today though.  The high’s around 50 degrees and it’s going to be cloudy and/or rainy all day.  But it’s Friday, I’m leaving work early, I’m hosting Women’s Night tonight, and we’ve got a Halloween party tomorrow night so I’ve got lots to look forward to; a little cold rain isn’t going to dampen my spirits.

In honor of the fall weather, here’s some Pumpkin Pie Fudge that I made this past weekend for another Halloween party.  I finally used the candy thermometer that my mom got me for Christmas.

IMG_2221

I wasn’t sure if I was supposed to keep whisking the fudge during its 10-minute boil so I didn’t.  But that meant that some of it got burned onto the bottom of the pot and imparted a little of that toasted taste throughout the fudge.  It didn’t ruin the fudge, but I was a little disappointed by my mistake.

IMG_2282

Sugarcrafter calls this Maple Pumpkin Fudge, but I didn’t taste the maple syrup.  The spices were fairly strong, but in a good way.  And I loved the bites of white chocolate chips that didn’t melt all the way.

IMG_2285

I sent the extra fudge with the McHusband to his office and his boss’s reaction was to tell the McHusband, “You’re fired if you don’t bring me more of this.”  And since we can’t afford for him to be a stay-at-home husband, I guess I’ll be pulling out the candy thermometer again this weekend.

IMG_2222

And I’ll try that whisking thing to see if I can avoid my fudge tasting like I left the crust in the oven too long.

IMG_2284

Have a great weekend!

{Recipe here}

No comments: