Thursday, October 13, 2011

Recipe Recap: Spicy White Chili

I haven’t fed you guys in a while so I figured I was overdue for a palate-friendly post.

A couple Sundays ago, I made a chicken chili with a recipe in my October issue of Better Homes & Gardens.  If it was really good, I was going to make it the next weekend for our neighborhood chili cookoff.

I sauteed the onions and garlic in my skillet then added them to the crockpot with everything else including three whole chicken breasts.

IMG_1784

I cooked the chili on high for four hours then pulled the chicken out and shredded it.  We topped our chili with some shredded Monterrey Jack with jalapeno cheese.

IMG_1786

My take on this chili?  It was more of a soup, which disappointed me.  However, the flavor was really good so I might try it again but puree some of the beans to try to thicken it.  Oh, and it didn’t make the cut for the cookoff.  I know some of you were on the edges of your seats waiting for that little tidbit of info.

I know the weather around here isn’t exactly conducive to making soups, stews and chilies, but it’ll cool off eventually.  Right?  And when it does, consider this “chili” for making your crockpot earn its keep in your kitchen.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

You can send some up here, it is perfect chili weather. Too bad I am the only one who likes Chili. I am starting my search for good soup recipes. I stumbled upon the potato soup you made for us a while back and think I am going to make it later in the week.