Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Recipe Recap: Keen-what?

Keen-wah. Spelled "quinoa." It's sort of a grain (let Wikipedia explain it) that you cook like you would rice. It's relatively trendy in nutrition circles these days and has been for a bit, but I wasn't brave enough to try it until recently. Silly me - now I know what I was missing.

I found a recipe on Allrecipes.com that looked simple and tasty enough and it proved me right. Super simple to prepare and very good, I give this recipe five stars.

We had our quinoa as a side with some grilled chicken.
















The recipe called for just 3/4 cup of quinoa, and I was skeptical about how far that would go. Let me tell you - there was plenty and then some! I had my leftovers cold while the McHusband had his warmed up. He tried it cold but said he prefers it warmed up.
















I don't know if you've heard of quinoa before this post, but I highly recommend to put any reservations aside and give it a try. It's easy, yummy, and the added bonus is that it's good for you.

No comments: