Monday, March 25, 2013

{Recipe Recap} Chocolate Irish Cream Bundt Cake

It’s Monday and you know what that means – your spoonful (or so) of sugar to help ease you into the work week.

While we’re still on the subject of St. Patrick’s Day (And we are – I’ve got the final two party posts ready to go.), I wanted to share a Bundt cake I made for my HOA meeting the Wednesday before the holiday.

DSC_4306

I promise, there’s a cake under all that icing.

DSC_4308

Can you tell in the picture above how the cake looks kinda gray?  That’s because there’s an Irish Cream glaze coating the cake UNDER the icing.  When you’re adding liquor to dessert, might as well squeeze it in every chance you get.

DSC_4312

I went outside the recipe for the icing and it was a good call.  The cake didn’t necessarily need it, but when have I been one to skimp on the frosting?

DSC_4310

If you refer to the original recipe, you’ll see it looks a little different from mine.  That’s because I chose to make this with chocolate cake mix and chocolate pudding.  I mean, Irish Cream and chocolate are meant to be together, far be it from me to keep them apart.

DSC_4315

I personally found this cake to be fairly irresistible so it was a good thing I was able to leave part of it with my fellow board members, share a few slices with my coworkers, and send the rest with the McHusband to his office.

DSC_4314

If you happen to have some Irish Cream left over from the holiday, I suggest you use it wisely and bake up one of these cakes.  And don’t wait until next year’s St. Patrick’s Day holiday.  I promise, no one will complain at your tardiness for making this now.

{Cake recipe adapted from here}

{Irish Cream icing here}

No comments: