Monday, March 18, 2013

{Recipe Recap} Oatmeal Cherry Chip Cookies

A quick cookie post for you this morning.  I made these a couple weeks ago and I can’t wait to make them again.  They were quite delicious.  The cherry chips were a nice change of pace from chocolate, cinnamon, and butterscotch. 

DSC_4279

I just happened to see the cherry chips at Walmart a while back and bought two bags of them.  Thank goodness I did because now I can make that second batch.

DSC_4281

The recipe called for a teaspoon of vanilla extract.  I went with half a teaspoon of vanilla and half a teaspoon of almond extract. Genius!

DSC_4282

Everyone who tried these pretty much raved about them.  I’m not sure the cherry chips would be easy to find, but the base dough recipe is good enough that you could put whatever chip you want in and you’d still get a fabulous cookie out of it.

DSC_4286

This recipe is a definite keeper.  And with all the oats in it, it’s not the worst treat you could eat so you don’t even have to feel guilty about indulging a bit.

DSC_4284

{Recipe here}

No comments: