Friday, March 1, 2013

{Recipe Recap} Peanut Butter Puppy Chow

Happy National Peanut Butter Day!  What, you didn’t have that marked on your calendars? Smile

I couldn’t let such a wonderful holiday pass without celebrating it, but I wasn’t in the mood to bake on my one early night this week.  Instead, I adapted this Triple Peanut Butter Puppy Chow where all I had to do was melt most of the ingredients together, pour it over the cereal, shake it up in a bag with some powdered sugar and voila!  Peanut Putter Puppy Chow.

When I first tasted it, I thought it was okay but it didn’t compare to my traditional chocolate Puppy Chow.  However, once it cooled down and I tried it again, I had to package it up and get it out of sight, or else I was going to chow down a day early and then there wouldn’t be anything to share with our offices tomorrow for the “holiday.”

My traditional recipe uses a stick of butter so I split the difference between no butter in the new recipe and one stick and used half a stick.  Also, I used French Toast Crunch cereal instead of Chex, and I used a whole movie-box of Reese’s Pieces chopped up.  Three-quarters of a cup just didn’t seem like nearly enough.

National Peanut Butter Day or not, I don’t think you can go wrong making this “snack.”

Peanut butter isn’t the only thing to be happy about today; it’s FRIDAY!  The McHusband and I are going to a Hurricanes game with Chelle and Jeremy tomorrow night so that should be fun.

Have a great weekend!

{Recipe adapted from here}

No comments: