Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Belated

I try to at least give a quick acknowledgement to people when  birthdays roll around.  I realize this little bubble around McMania isn’t very big (I’m no Pioneer Woman), but I do like to give a little shout-out when I can.

Anyway, Jenny’s birthday was on Saturday so between not posting on the weekend and not posting on Friday because of being in PA, then being out of my element Sunday night, I dropped the ball and didn’t send any birthday wishes out into cyberspace.

Good thing I’d already sent a birthday package out via snail mail last week. 

Chase box

I made some cookie bars with Cadbury Eggs, one of Jenny’s favorite candies, in them.

DSC_4990

I had only the smallest nibble of these and it was a tasty one.  I wish I’d had another bite the next day, but I feel pretty confident telling you that these were quite delicious.  They were buttery and chocolatey and downright decadent.

DSC_4993

They are made with cake mix and that flavor is strong so if you aren’t a fan of yellow cake mix, then these aren’t for you.  But if you do like the taste of cake mix, then these have your name written all over them.

DSC_4995

Hope you had a wonderful birthday weekend, Jenny!  Wish we’d been able to celebrate in Florida again, but I don’t guess we can count on a trip like that EVERY year, can we?Smile

{Recipe here}

No comments: