Wednesday, April 10, 2013

{Recipe Recap} Tilapia and Carrots

Just wanted to share a new-to-us dinner combo, one we’ll be having again.

DSC_4922

The McHusband and I both likes raw carrots, and I like ‘em cooked when they’re done the right way.  I wasn’t positive that this recipe was going to be all that great, but I had everything it called for and I figured it was worth a shot, and I’m glad I did.  Now we have another vegetable option besides steamed cauliflower and the three Steamfresh veggies we keep in rotation.

DSC_4926

I was a little turned off by the tilapia recipe having mayo in it, but I only used 1 tablespoon combined with 1 tablespoon of butter, a little less than 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese, and a teaspoon of all the spices.

DSC_4924

The McHusband and I both really enjoyed the tilapia with this topping on it.  I loved the saltiness from the Parmesan cheese and while I’m not a huge fan of lemon in “real” food (as opposed to desserts), it wasn’t the standout flavor here so it worked for me.

DSC_4925

I think especially if you aren’t a huge fan of fish in general, this is the recipe for you.  Tilapia in general is a very mild fish, and the topping was delicious.

{Carrots here}

{Tilapia here}

No comments: