Thursday, April 18, 2013

{Recipe Recap} Brown Butter, Caramel-Stuffed Snickerdoodles

Just a quick post for you today.  I chose these cookies as Shannon’s birthday treats because I knew she liked snickerdoodles, and I figured they'd hold up well as they traveled through the mail in the warm weather this week.

DSC_4983

I stacked four cookies together and then Saran-wrapped the heck out of them.  I haven’t heard for sure, but I think they made it more or less intact.  And if not, hey, crumbs taste good, too.

This bag o’ cookies was just for show, really.  I ended up taking these into my office to share with my coworkers.

DSC_4984

Remember how I said these were caramel-stuffed snickerdoodles?

DSC_4987

The recipe called for the caramels to be quartered, but that didn’t seem big enough so I cut mine in half.  Good call, if I do say so myself.

Do you see those bigger white flecks on top of the cookie?  That’s a sprinkling of sea salt.  I’m a big fan of salt on my chocolate chip cookies and, turns out, I like it on my snickerdoodles, too.

DSC_4986

Mom, Shannon, what did you guys think of these?  I thought they were pretty tasty and I’d make them again with or without the caramel, which was a nice surprise but the appeal of the cookie didn’t necessarily depend on it.

{Recipe here}

No comments: