Friday, April 5, 2013

{Recipe Recap} Puppy Party Treats

I couldn’t pass up an opportunity to have a theme party so a “sip and see” for Monte was the perfect opportunity to get a little creative with some treats.

DSC_4776

I made some Biscoff Rice Krispie Treats and used a cookie cutter I bought just for the occasion to make them fit my theme.

DSC_4773

These things were gone in no time.  I will definitely be making them again.  Wonder if they’ll taste as good as squares…

DSC_4778

Next up was some Peanut Butter Butterscotch Puppy Chow made with a bag of butterscotch chips, a cup of peanut butter, and half a stick of butter.  This stuff was VERY sweet.  That’s not a complaint, just an observation.  I really liked the flavor, but Shawn said he prefers original Puppy Chow.

DSC_4775

And finally, my favorite treat – the Kibble Cake.

DSC_4756

Pretty convincing, huh?

DSC_4758

I bought a new dog bowl from Walmart for the cake to go in.  I baked a yellow cake, part of the batter in a regular cake pan and the other part in a Dutch oven so I could get the round shape I needed.

DSC_4755

I used this frosting recipe, which was good, but it ended up being too crusty for my purposes because the cocoa pebbles didn’t stick to it as well as I needed.

DSC_4757

What do you think, Monte?  Does this bowl of dog food look like something you’d like to eat?

DSC_4766

I can’t take credit for the idea of the cake as I saw something similar on the interweb.  But I had to figure out how to make it look believable and I think I succeeded.

DSC_4771

Ah, the weekend’s upon us!  It’s been a long week, and I am looking forward to the weekend.  Fingers crossed that Monte continues his habit of not making any noise in the morning and letting us wake up on our own on Sunday.

3 comments:

Gma said...

What a cute cake -- so realistic!

BTW, cocoa puff ice cream balls were a favorite treat of mine as a child.

McMom said...

What an adorable idea...everything was perfect! By the way...a little late..I have been meaning to ask which of you girls would like my dog biscuit cookie cutter....I am certain Monte feels the LUV! McMom

Jenny said...

That cake is so cute! Wish you would have come up with this before Chase's scooby doo party last year, it would have made a great treat for that :). Awesome job!