Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Naptime preferences

Morgan loves to lay in the sun in the dining room.  I keep a bed in there for her because I know she’ll go looking for that sunny spot after we’re gone to work during the day, and I’d hate for her to have to lay on the hard floor.  Morgan'll be nine in May so I think it’s okay to cater to her bones and joints at this point.

Guess who discovered Morgan’s secret spot?

DSC_4968

Just like Tucker, though, Monte is hot-natured so he tends to prefer the kitchen or hardwood floor, or even the fireplace marble surround.  So he’s perfectly happy keeping Morgan company by laying next to her.  She’s pretty excited about that, let me tell you.

DSC_4971

I checked on them a bit later to find that Morgan had migrated along with the sunshine, but Monte was content to stay where he was.

DSC_4975

DSC_4976

Morgan better enjoy that landing while she has it herself.  I have a feeling her little shadow will be joining her there soon as he’s a little better at climbing the stairs.

DSC_4978

In the meantime, I know where to find Monte:

The hardwoods.

DSC_4977

The mat by the back door.

DSC_4902

Or tangled up in a kitchen chair.

DSC_4945

Not even naptime is dull around here.

P.S.  Happy Birthday, Shannon! 

DSC_4056

She turns 30 today, which seems impossible because no way can my youngest sister be 30.  Because that means I’m going to be 34 next week, and I don’t feel a day over 28. 

Shannon, would you mind skipping your birthday next year?

4 comments:

Gma said...

If Morgie could talk I'm sure she would be saying "Leave me alone", "quit following me", "you are such a pain"... reminds me of you and Bri and YOUR little sister!

Happy Birthday Shannon!

Katherine said...

you have the cutest dogs!!!

http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com

Katherine said...

I was going to e-mail you but I didn't see an address on your site so I'll leave the link here.

Next green smoothie challenge! Hope you'll join us again =)

http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com/2013/04/announcing-2013-spring-green-smoothie.html

McMom said...

Soon he needs to acquire some level of modesty.....McMom