Friday, April 12, 2013

{Recipe Recap} Spinach Pizza Quinoa Casserole with Chicken Sausage

It’s Friiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiday!  Have you seen the forecast for my weekend?

image

That lightning bolt on Friday probably messed up my commute this morning, but the yucky weather should move out by lunchtime and then the day’s supposed to be pretty darn nice. And then look at Saturday and Sunday – the epitome of a beautiful spring weekend in NC.

With temps like those, I know you’ll be dying to make some comfort food like a casserole in your oven, right?  Well, you’re in luck because I have a delicious one to share with you and it just so happens to be healthy, too.  You know, on the off chance that this warm weather has you thinking more about shorts than sweaters.

DSC_4911

I made this casserole late Sunday morning with the intention of portioning it out to eat all week.  The McHusband had it for lunch that day so he had it “fresh” and said it was tasty.  I didn’t have any until Tuesday afternoon and I was sorry I missed out on eating it for two days.

DSC_4913

I used one package of Green Giant frozen chopped spinach and also cut up a package of Aidell’s Caramelized Onion Chicken Meatballs and threw those in.

DSC_4912

I added…maybe half a teaspoon or so of red pepper flakes to give the casserole a little oomph and that was the right decision.  It’s not spicy or hot or anything, it just gives most bites an extra layer of flavor.

I baked this in an 8 x 8 pan and divided it into 9 portions.  MFP told me each serving had 214 calories and 13 grams of protein.

DSC_4915

I know this doesn’t look like much, especially since I didn’t try very hard to get good photos of it.  But I promise, if you like pizza and don’t hate quinoa, you will enjoy this casserole.

DSC_4914

Hope you guys have a great weekend!

No comments: