Monday, August 26, 2013

{Recipe Recap} Chocolate Tres Leches Cake

This dessert deserves more pictures, but I’m in a rush to share it and I’m not sure it’s actually the most photographic treat.  I suggest you go directly to the source and drool over Mel’s photos.  Then wipe your chin, bake up a cake, stir up the chocolate milk, and make your own Chocolate Tres Leches Cake.

Since plain chocolate desserts aren’t usually the McHusband’s cup of tea, I knew I needed to figure out a way to make this work for my dad and me – confirmed chocoholics – and the McHusband.  Blue Bell and some caramel sauce did the trick.

This recipe is actually two treats in one.  If you like hot chocolate, then I suggest you make the chocolate milk from this recipe, heat it up, top it with some homemade whipped cream, and sip on that sweet ambrosia to your heart’s content.

Hope your week’s off to a great start!  If you live anywhere close to me, this unseasonal August weather, with temps in the mid-eighties and low humidity, has you in a great mood.  I can’t wait to get out of the office during my lunch so I can soak up some non-sticky sunshine.

{Chocolate Tres Leches Cake}

No comments: