Thursday, August 15, 2013

{Recipe Recap} Double Chip Revel Bars

These are supposed to be Triple Chip Revel Bars, but I only used two chips in my fudge layer: milk chocolate and butterscotch.  Because, you know, who wants the sweet factor reduced by dark chocolate?

0814131804a

I hosted this month’s HOA meeting so of course I had to make something sweet like always, and then I also served hummus and veggies and phyllo cups filled with Pepperjack Pimento Cheese.

0814131838

That’s Fred, the president of the board.  And if you look carefully to the left of the phyllo cups, you can see Monte’s leg.  He was an honorary member of our board this month.

Fred ate three of the Revel Bars at the meeting and took three more home with him.  The rest will be split between my office and the McHusband’s.  I’d already taken a few into my office yesterday morning and they all disappeared.  It’s rare that every.single.one gets eaten on the same day so that speaks to how good these are.

0814131804c

(Notice how there aren’t any clothes on that chair in the back?  It’s good that I have the HOA meeting every once in a while as it forces me to put my clothes where they belong: on hangers in my closet.)

The recipe calls for making these in a 15 x 11 pan, but I don’t have one of those so I used a standard 9 x 13 pan and baked the bars for 29 minutes.

If you want to make something uncomplicated and very sweet, give these a try.  You can even lie to tell yourself that all the oatmeal is a little redeeming so these bars actually have some health benefits.

{Recipe adapted from here}

No comments: