Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!!!

I love decorating for Halloween. I went all out last year and had big plans for this year, but between traveling the weekend before and moving the weekend after, it just didn't happen. I have three pumpkins...but none of them are carved into jack-o-lanterns. I got lots of "ooohs" and "ahhhhs" from kids and parents last year, and I feel like I'm letting them down this year. Hopefully the For Sale sign in the yard gives me the excuse I need for being such a disappoinment.

Here are pictures from last year. What they don't show is that I also had fog from dry ice on the front porch. Yeah, it was pretty cool.


































































Do you see the skeleton hand in the flowers? I even had a flashlight shining on that so it was all spooky looking. And please note how the vinca growing in the sidewalk is thriving at the end of October. I can't get my hydrangeas to bloom, but I can grow vinca out of cement. Go figure.

No comments: