Thursday, October 16, 2008

Wal-Mart Meet and Greet

We adopted Morgan from the Mid-Atlantic Great Dane Rescue League (MAGDRL) in September 2004. She was 15 weeks old.




















Since then, we (well, me more than the McHusband) have been volunteers for the rescue. We have fostered three danes who all went on to get adopted by wonderful families, and I try to attend area events as often as possible. This past weekend, I took both Morgan and Tucker up to the new Wal-Mart in Holly Springs for a Meet and Greet. There were 14 danes at the event, which is unheard of, so we had to document the momentous occasion.











That's me in the purple toward the middle. Morgan refused to face the camera and Tucker had his nose attached to hers. I did the home checks for both families to the left of me. They both adopted danes, and one of them became a foster family.

Oh, and I'm glad the picture's so small. Let's just say that Tucker had the wrong idea. He thought he was in the kind of picture that would, well, put him through college. You know, the kind where the photographer says, "Don't worry, honey, I promise that these'll be very tasteful."

I came across a funny picture of Morgan while looking for the one of her as a puppy. She was staying with our friends Leigh and Mickey, who have two Boston Terriers named Duke and Daisy. You'd think the size difference would be an issue, but they are best friends. Actually, there is an issue with their size - their dog beds just aren't big enough.














But don't tell Morgan that.

No comments: