Thursday, October 30, 2008

Our weekend in Anderson

The McHusband and I went down to Anderson, SC on Saturday to meet Chase for the first time. We wish we could've gotten down there sooner to meet our first nephew, but I think it worked out for the best in the end. Kevin and Jenny had Chase a little more figured out so they weren't stressed even more by us being there, and I felt like I was able to help as much as possible. I was happy to participate in feedings, burping, diaper changes, and holding him just so he'd sleep (that last part was my favorite). I even seemed to have a magic touch Saturday and Sunday nights with putting Chase in his crib and him staying asleep until the next feeding time, which the McHusband and I were lucky enough to sleep through.

Here's the McHusband (wearing Kevin's clothes because they washed cars) with a happy Chase.

















Awww, what a sweet picture of Chase and his Uncle McHusband.

















And proud Aunt Stephie with Chase in his "Boo" bib. Try saying that out loud over the phone like the McHusband did to his mom Sunday morning. She was understandably confused and we ended up suggesting that the McHusband say "Halloween bib" instead. Much better.


















On Sunday, we went to church, to Cracker Barrel for brunch, then home for naps, then to Callaham Orchard for the pumpkin patch and ice cream. While there, we:
  • sacrificed Chase to a witch
  • milked a cow
  • got up close and personal with some deer
First, the sacrifice:



















And here I am with my cow. Luckily, she was very cooperative.



















It was amazing how close the deer would let us get to them.


















Okay, I have a confession. The McHusband took some pictures through the fence so you can't see the wires in some of the pictures. Here's one that shows how things really were:



















Let that be an important lesson to all of you - you can't believe everything you see on the internet. Although I won't make it a habit to use trick photography in this blog, I promise. Unless it's used to make me look 5 pounds thinner, then there are no limits to the amount of trick photography I'll employ. Hey, I'm just trying to be honest. And promise to not look too surprised if you see me in real life, and I look a little different than I do in the blog pictures, okay?

And now for the pumpkin we picked to go home with us:



















Too cute, right? I made a sign to go in some of the pictures so Kevin and Jenny could look back and know exactly when the picture were taken.



















And last but not least, an adorable family picture. Here are all the pictures from our trip.

No comments: