Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A new family member

The McHusband and I would like to introduce the newest member of our family:


The McHusband's pretty pumped about his new toy. I asked him if he planned to wash and wax it, and he said it would at least get waxed right when we got it in an effort to keep it clean over time. The McDad's John Deere mower is around 25 years old so if ours lasts that long, the McHusband wants to make sure it looks as good as it runs.

Hopefully there's room in the shed for it, or else I have a feeling that my car could end up out in the driveway until space is made.

7 comments:

Gina said...

Bob is going to be SO jealous...by the way, the people who bought your old house may have put granite in your old kitchen. There was a granite truck in their driveway for a couple of days, and I did the math. I thought it was kind of weird to put granite in a house in this neighborhood, but to each his own!

McMom said...

First of all I agree with Gina on the granite in the old house and all things considered, am so glad you all didn't do it....

NOW on to the JD "investment" -- it probably took a chunk of money, but over time it will be worth it. Ours is 25yrs old, or more, and has been a good one....

Gma said...

What a Beauty! (course not NEARLY as cute as those babies that you are Auntie to but hey BEAUTY IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER!)

What is it about a shiny new piece of equipment that makes a man's eyes glaze over and the blood course through his veins with excitement?

Gina: you need to get yourself an invite inside the old house and give us an update! (I'm not to proud to admit that I'm appearing to be nosy but I sooooo want to know! AND I'm willing to bet that Steph, Ryan and McMom are curious as well!)

McHusband said...

"What is it about a shiny new piece of equipment that makes a man's eyes glaze over and the blood course through his veins with excitement?"

Because it has 4-wheel steering!!! :)

Gma said...

LOL - think I'm going to recommend that Steph get herself some shiny headlights and new leather ...

McHusband said...

For what?! She already has shiny headlights and leather. She's taken care of better and usually first I might add, lol.

Gma said...

Well ya know, she IS getting ready to turn 30 doncha know ...